Wednesday, August 31, 2011

National Food Showdown 2011






Hi, so I'm off to Baguio as one of the judges for the Luzon Chef Wars. These culinary competitions are held once a year in the different regions of the Philippines. A few weeks ago, I was in Cagayan de Oro for the Mindanao Chef Wars Regional Food Showdown Elimination Rounds (KUMBIRA 2011). That's where I tasted over a hundred dishes. It was most "full-filling" as it was exciting for all of us. The competitors/chefs were highly qualified and creative even the judges learned a thing or two. It was mutually beneficial to all who were there. I'm happily looking forward to the Luzon competition in Baguio. I've got my spoon in my right hand, my fork in my left, and my napkin tucked under my chin, bring on the 100 dishes! 200 even!!!




I hope I'll see you at the Final Food Showdown on September 17 and 18 at the World Trade Center, Metro Manila. Till then, Happy Eating!

"The National Food Showdown was started in 2007, spearheaded by Chef Myrna Segismundo, Managing Director of RESTAURANT 9501/TV FOOD CHEFS, INC., ABS-CBN Corporation. It was originally organized to fill the void in culinary skills competitions. In 2008, it partnered with organizations in the regions outside of the National Capital Region (NCR), with Chef Wars emerging as the center of the National Food Showdown. Bringing theregions to participate in the Manila finals succeeded in making the showdown truly national in scope. - National Food Showdown 2011"

No comments:

Post a Comment