Monday, August 22, 2011

Bacolod's Cafe Uma and the trattoria next door

Recently I was in Bacolod City in Negros Occidental. I was asked by a fellow chef to drop by his restaurant....


The menu was very interesting. Chef Jomi Gaston sure knows how to tickle one's appetite. I wanted to try everything. I ended up with the crabcake and chorizo croquettes with mango and spring onion salad, garlic mayo, balsamic vinegar glaze. Mouthwatering...



...Eggs benedict on toasted brioche, grilled ham, poached egg topped with béarnaise. Iba!...


...Wagyu burger with fried egg. Mmmm...


...Cansi, an Ilongo specialty, their version of the Batangas Bulalo or Cebu puchero. It has a delicious eggplant puree that you mix into the soup. Yummy!...


The whole experience was satisfying. I wanted to try more dishes but my tummy was so full! So many dishes but only one tummy! If you find yourself in Bacolod City, go try Cafe Uma of Chef Jomi. Go try his pizza in the Trattoria next door. Chef Jomi runs that place too. The crust is crisp and light. I like Pizza Bianca.

1 comment:

  1. How much can 1 person should have in order to enjoy their meal at trattoria uma? ;) i wanna try it there!

    ReplyDelete