Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mario Batali's MOZZA, Singapore


My sister in law Charina Quizon Mendoza is one of my foodie treasures. I've gotten a couple of good tips from her. While at Singapore, she recommended we go try out the restaurant of Mario Batali. I must admit that I was a little hesitant at first because I was all set on a purely Singaporean culinary adventure. Okay fine, it's Batali's first venture into Asia, and the fact that my sister in law might just kick my butt if I didn't say 'yes' was enough for me to reconsider. I trust her anyways. So I happily went along with the plan.


Like I said, Pizzeria MOZZA is Mario Batali's first venture into Asia. The Executive Chef, Karla Mendoza, a Filipina from Marikina is obviously Batali's asset  and does he know it. The food was excellent and very much worth the visit. If you find yourself there, go try it, so worth it! Yummy! 


It makes me so proud to see our countrymen excelling in such a fast paced and competitive industry. Congratulations Karla! The staff was also mostly Filipinos and they were efficient and friendly. There really is nothing that compares to the warmth and attentive service given by Filipinos.

3 comments: